Conference goers – bring your silent auction donations and checkbooks to shop at our annual silent auction! During the Friday evening social, silent auction items will be on display for all to bid upon. Our silent auction features items and services donated by our member families and friends of the SSSA. This is a whole lot better than eBay because you get to see and touch the items that you just can’t live without!
The silent auction is always a fun and very worthwhile fund raising activity. In previous years the auction has brought in as much as $2000, which goes to sustain the Carol Richey Conference Assistance Fund.
Each year member families and our joining professionals donate very interesting items. Having trouble thinking about what to bring? Here are some suggestions:
- Getaways, Airline Tickets – No doubt you “road warriors” are tired of all that travel for work. You couldn’t possibly use all those pent up airline and hotel points for personal use. Put those excess travel points to good use – why not donate a pair of airline tickets or a two-night hotel stay to willing buyers.
- Entertainment – Think about a dinner and/or show certificate (locally or perhaps where you live – maybe someone will buy the travel opportunity as a combo.)
- Business – Show off what you do for a living by filling gift bags with goodies from your business – Mary Kay, Avon, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, Longaberger, Southern Living at Home, and more.
- Fitness and Health – Perhaps a gift certificate for a massage, facial, manicure/pedicure, or haircut.
- Sport Stuff – Golf, soccer, and baseball stuff are popular.
- Artwork/Collectibles – Home made things are always a winner.
- Jewelry/Clothing – Something unique that can’t be found at your local Wal-Mart.
- Books, Software, Videos, DVD’s
- Kids Toys and Games – The kids love to bid on stuff for themselves too!
Please think about taking an hour or two over the next couple of weeks and contact one or more of your local businesses and ask them to donate an item or money for an item.
Contact the SSSA at email@example.com to make arrangements to ship your donation if you are unable to bring your item(s) in your luggage.
Whether you plan to donate an item or arrive with an unbridled checkbook, you will be playing an important role in making our Silent Auction a success!